1. Have plenty of extra pillows, blankets, and towels. Use holiday themed linens, or simply incorporate the holiday color palette in a stripe, plaid, or toile.
3. The bed should not be the only place to sit. Create a cozy reading corner with a comfortable chair, table, and lamp. Decorate the chair with a holiday pillow and colorful throw.
4. Fresh flowers create a very welcoming atmosphere. A poinsettia or a mini decorated Christmas tree is long lasting and easy to care for. Send the plant home with your guest as a little extra gift.
5. A holiday inspired bowl of fruit or candy is a thoughtful gesture to satisfy those midnight cravings.
6. Scented candles are a beautiful accent. Take care that the container allows them to burn down safely. Maybe a better choice is a battery operated taper.
Attention to details make your guests feel welcome, and helps them get into the holiday spirit.